Why join OCA?
OCA represents many fields of counseling in the state of Ohio, including school, career, mental health, and rehabilitation counselors. As the world and the workplace change, supporting our members has become a critical goal. At OCA, we seek to assist our members with their careers in any way we can. If you are a counselor or studying to become one, we cordially encourage you to join OCA. Through your support, OCA can continue to advocate for its members.
We offer a host of benefits for our members, both for individuals and the organization. Our benefits include:
- A detailed and information-rich website.
- Discounts on professional development, including the All Ohio Counselors Conference, workshops, and other events sponsored by OCA.
- A list of Continuing Education Units required for license and certificate renewal.
- A method for communicating questions, comments, and concerns with the OCA Executive Council.
- Access to OCA ListServ, a messaging service that allows members to communicate with each other.
- Professional participation through our many affiliated state divisions/chapters and national associations.
- Legislative advocacy championing the rights and cause of counselors across Ohio.
- Cooperation with the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker Marriage & Family Therapist licensure board and other state agencies.
- Professional commendation with annual awards.
- Access to the professional, peer-reviewed Journal of Counselor Practice.
- Reduced liability insurance costs from CPH & Associates.
- Representation and communication on legislative issues important to counselors.
- CE Credit Education for OCSWMFT and NBCC offered in-person and online.
- Access to an online events calendar, including CE and advocacy events in Ohio.
- Leadership opportunities, grants, and mentoring.
If at any time you wish to cancel or refund your membership, send an email request to OCAExec@gmail.com. Cancellations made within 30 days of membership may be entitled to a full refund minus a $25 service fee. Cancellations made after 30 days of membership are ineligible for refunds.